I am cosidering Green Light Laser treatment for BPH and am concerned about retrograde ejaculation. Does this side effect occur frequently; does it ever go away and do you ever get used to it?

Hi there, as far as I know it's not a very common side effect but I know that it usually does go away with proper treatment. Have you spoken to a physican about your personal likelihood of getting it? Most people have an individual propensity for something. Let me know, okay?

My doctor ,who is the head of urology at a local hospital, said that it can occur with the surgery. Therefore, he said I should assume it will happen. I've experienced it when taking Flowmax and it is a strange sensation.
avalonian

Retrograde ejaculation does occur and it is an unpleasant experience. That with leakage and the plugged up tube caused by loose skin in your bladder make this operation questionable. I wouldn't do it again.

Have had continuous blood in urine, dribbling bloody urine after bowel movements, pain at end of urination, burning after urination, continuously since the GreenLight procedure five weeks ago. Saw surgeon today for follow-up and he considers the bleeding normal.
Also having retrograde ejaculation (i.e. no fluid ejaculated). Whether you will have retro or not, and how long it lasts, depends on how your surgeon does the procedure. The Greenlight promo brochure states 30% of patients will experience retro ejaculation for up to three months post-op but that usually goes away. Various other web sites about the procedure have that same info. I'm five weeks post op, am experiencing the retro thing accompanied by significant pain in the final parts of the retro ejaculation, and today the surgeon told me that the way he does the procedure the retro thing is 100% guaranteed and worse yet it will be permanent. Direct quote: permanent retro ejaculation is the price you paid to have a better stream.

Don't know why he does it this way but he didn't make it clear before the procedure. Had he done so I would have found a different surgeon. I'm only 57 and my sex life is now over thanks to this procedure.

If you're considering having GreenLight done, think of it as emasculation light. You won't be a fully functional male afterwards.

I note that its been a year. Has it improved? Have you gotten use to it? thanks

The retrograde ejaculation does NOT EVER go away according to my research. I had the green light done and it appears to be about 80% effective in improving bladder emptying but although I am 58 years old I am somewhat disappointed about the RE even though I'm pretty sure I am done having kids. Its not the end of the world but its nice to have that option, but there are worse things so I dont want to complain. I think I would have considered doing my research about my options first before jumping into the green laser treatment. though.

Where did you find that out? RE does NOT EVER go away according to my research and doctor.

Is there a way to reverse the green light laser.

I was misdiagnosed by a doctor, he said Green Light Surgery would take away the pain I was having and performed the surgery. Turned out it was a pelvic muscle causing the pain not the prostate. I still have discomfort after 3 years if I sit to long and after the retro ejaculation, I will have RE the rest of my life. GET A SECOND OPINION.

Same here. Lying SoS urologist said I’d have normal sexual function before the procedure but at the first follow up visit he said he always took the whole prostate and that I would never have a normal orgasm again. He purposely mutilated me to make the payment on his BMW.

Not in this life unfortunately. Your only recourse is to take vengeance on the bastard who did this to you.

I had GL surgery on 6 Decemeber and once the catheter was removed I had immediate results. Prior to the surgery I had to catherter myself numerous times a day. I had minimal bleeding after 1 week and no burning. I do have retrograde ejaculation but can deal with that. I was extremely happy with the results.

Completed Green Light Laser surgery around Dec 18, 2017. Around Dec 25, the process started to heal. Saw very positive results. Took a while to re-train the urinary sphincter control. The doctor told me to wait 2 weeks for sex after catheter was removed. Experienced dry ejaculation. Before surgery it was very productive (age 65). It is very uncomfortable. Seems to be going somewhere, but not out.
The orgasm is downplayed with an immediate uncomfortable feeling.. This uncomfortable feeling lingers for five to ten minutes. A total mood killer.

I too had the Green Light Laser at age 57 (a year ago). Was told that dry orgasm was "possible" a small % have it after surgery. Well it happened to me and found out it's almost 100% chance you'll get it. The "flipper" that directs the orgasm also gets cut so the seamen goes back into the Blatter. Can't be fixed. Sex now is, "half" ok. You get a "part joy" but the final part not coming out is a let down. Wish I knew before. Would have at least enjoyed one last "fun". I still would have had the surgery. The 5 minutes to pee for 8 years sucked. The pills helps but stopped taking them because they made me congested, could not breath! Listen guys, there are worst things in life. As I said I'd do it again. Sucks yes but did not want to live with the pee issue anymore.