I had a hammertoe surgery in which a local anesthesia was used. Now, I am experiencing some discomfort and I was wondering if I could use prednisone to relieve it. Thx!

Hi there! I am not so sure about using prednisone after the surgery. I mean, it is used to control allergies, inflammation, and many disease processes and I used it when I had a skin allergy, but somehow I believe it is used before the surgery. But don’t take my word for it, talk to your surgeon. I know that after the hammertoe surgery my husband was taking acetaminophen or aspirin. Haven’t you been given orders by your doctor?

may i ask how many hammertoes did u have and what knid of discomfort are u experiencing. was it very painful and did the painkillers they gave you work im thinbmin of getting this odne but am very nervous

Hi

Has any had Endoscopic Gastorc Recession procedure done?What I am reading on a pamphlet I have is "A tight Gastorc muscle in the back of your leg increases the mechanical stress, pressure and pain to you feet by not allowing the proper motionand alignment of your joints to occur."

At the end of May I have having a Mortons Neuroma removed on the left foot and also the endoscopic gastoc recession procedure done. My pod tells me I will have an overall better result addresiing the entire foot problem. He says it will put my entire foot in a more proper position. I am also getting a hammertoe corrected on the opposite foot at the same time that will require removing part of the bone and putting in a pin after the toe is straightend. I am told that the toe will be flexible after the pin is removed.

If anyone has had any of these procedures, especially the EGS iI would love to hear from you.

Thanks.. 8)