On July 7th I had surgery for hammertoes. I had to have pins inserted in four of my toes. Would you please tell me how long before the pins are generally removed and also what is the procedure when removing the pins and what kind if any anethesia is used. How long after the pins are removed will I be able to return to more normal activities? Thanks. Bonnie

HAD BUNION SURGERY AND HAMMERTOES 2 3 4 5 ON RIGHT FOOT NO DRIVING FOR 2 MONTHS AND I CANT GO BACK TO WORK FOR 2 MONTHS I AM WEARING A SURGICAL BOOT I MISS MY DRIVING ITS DIFFICULT TO GET AROUND WITH A BUS

Ok...I had bunion and two hammer toe surgery on my left foot. I had pins on all three toes. The surgery went well. I had no pain following the surgery. I did take the pain pills as a precaution the first three days after surgery but I stopped taking them and I began taking aleve twice a day. I was fine. It is an inconvenience having to walk with a surgical boot and not being able to take a shower but in the long run it is worth it. I was very nervous about having to take out the pins. I thought it was going to hurt but I took a pain pill before I went to the doctors office and the pins were out before I knew it. It was fast, painless, and great. I felt liberated!!! It is not bad at all. So do not feel anxious or afraid. It does not hurt at all.