3days ago. I just had hammertoe surgery (2 toes on Left foot and 1 on the right) I have pins in 3rd toes of each foot. Just wondering about tingling sensation. I've been icing foot constantly and keeping them elevating. occassionally I feel a stinging pain where the pins are. I'm concerned about being able to go back to work next week and when exactly do the pins come out. taking lots of meds to avoid any real pain.

Good luck! I hope you are feeling ok. I had hammertoe surgery on July 18th and am still not able to walk. I have three pins in (my little toe had the pin out last week- awful pain taking the pin out) and my foot still tingles, burns, aches. Supposedly, this is normal. I was walking a bit last week but after my doctor appointment (stitches out, pins taken halfway out and pin in little toe removed), I am back to square one but the discomfort is constant. It is not a fun experience!

I've posted a group of photos to show my healing progression. I can walk a little (more like shuffle like a toy soldier) most of the pain has subsided, only if i'm standing too long, i can feel the burning sensation and a slight sting. My podiatrist said he wanted to wait until the pins were really loose to remove them, I can't tell if they are loose. they rotate 360 degrees w/out pain, but how do you know if they are loose enough to be removed?

My friend told me sometimes they can slide out without incident. i'm praying for this experience. I also pray you get better soon!

I am so much better! My pins were removed- didn't hurt at all, they just slid out. I am waiting for the scabs to heal, etc. but I am doing so much better. I am doing physical therapy to help with the walking and driving. Hope you are doing well!

I'm so happy to hear that you are doing better, so am I . I had my pins removed on Tuesday and they didn't hurt at all! Afterwards, there was quite a bit of throbbing pain but after the first night i was good again. today I peeled off the dead skin that had healed and i was quite surprised how it all came off. My toes are looking really good.
Today I washed my feet for the first time in 3 weeks! Actually i soaked them in the foot spa, exfoliated (tons of dead skin) and then added a good lubricant. my feet feel and look so much better. I'm currently using Neosporin on the incisions but tommorrow, I'm switching to Mederma to minimize scarring. I walk really slow, but i'm getting better every day!