Hello. I'm 35 year old male and I'm really worried for my little son. Just recently I told me that he wants to play piano and that I should took him into some music school.
Personally, I don’t have anything against it but I have heard that these pianist later develop several types of hand and finger problems.
Maybe you will think I'm over exaggerating a little but- we are talking about my son here. Please if someone knows more about it- describe me these hand and finger problems!
Thanks!

Hello. I'm a medical student and although I really doubt that pianists develop all these problems, I know something about them and I will gladly tell you more! There are two major disorders!
The most common problem is Ganglion Cysts. These cysts are non-cancerous, fluid-filled and in most cases arise from the ligaments, joint, or tendon sheaths.
Then, there is also one carpal tunnel syndrome which is characterized by numbness and tingling in the hand, especially at night; pain with prolonged gripping or clumsiness in handling objects.
I hope this helped!