Celebrity

I love stumbling on blog posts where people share "secret", out of the box, beauty tips that really add something to your skincare routine and that you would never, ever have come up with yourself.

As an example, I found out that dabbing hemorrhoid cream under the eyes works wonders at reducing under-eye puffiness this way. Love it! Weird, but works. I also found out that honey masks rejuvenate the skin on the internet.

Of course I want some more where that came from! What are some secret beauty tips of your own, or your mom's, aunt's, or best friend's, that you wouldn't mind sharing to help ladies all over the world add something to their skincare routine? (Hair and nail tips also welcome of course.)

Rosie

Ooh, cool topic! I really dunno though, about myself, whether I have any such tips. One thing that has helped me is put eyebrow wax on before eyebrow gel or pencil so it all stays in place long enough. Another thing that has helped me is using a business card to apply winged linger more easily. Beauty Blender even has a nifty little plastic thingy especially for that purpose that allows you to create several different angels, which I might look into getting at some stage. Those tips are pretty out in the open though and not secret... so I dunno if this helps.

Cool site this... I think I like it anyway. I love learning new beauty tips!

I like using my clear lip gloss as a highlighter for cheeks. I don't know if this qualifies but I've been using concealer instead of eyelid primer and it works like a dream, making the whole face look more awake as well as keeping the eyeshadow on much longer. Without buying a whole other product.

Overall, I'd really love some good hair tips! I recently got a short bob and my hair keeps flipping outwards and it really doesn't cool. Any idea?

Hair care tips? OK then!!!

1. Do not comb wet hair, because it will break much more easily that way... UNLESS you comb it with a plastic comb with coarse prongs while you still have your conditioner in.
2. Use honey and lemon hair masks to maintain your blond colored hair for longer and also to give it some nutrients because bleaching makes your hair dry.
3. Not everyone likes coconut oil for their hair because it can create a greasy look for some, but it still works well as a hair mask that you wash out.
4. Instead of using an elastic band to make a pony tail, wrap a strand of your own hair around it and secure with a bobby pin. This reduces hair breakage.

As for short and disobedient hair, well, a friend of mine roughly blow dries hers, then uses velcro rollers to make the hair go the way she wants it to. She just wets it a little with a spray bottle with just water in it, then blow dries it dry. You can also get a keratin treatment to keep your hair straight for longer but I don't know how effective that is plus it can't possibly be considered a "secret" beauty tip because everyone knows about this...

Oh, so many!!!

- Feel confident in yourself and show it on the outside by smiling broadly and often! Beauty comes from the outside but also from within. How people perceive you definitely changes when you are happy and showing it!
- Don't skip the eye cream, especially if you are low on sleep.
- Use biotin to look better.
- No need to experiment with different products once you have found what makes you look your best. Stick to trusty staples.
- Don't forget the highlighter.
- Go easy on the foundation. You want your natural skin to show through.
- Consider an at home laser like the Tria Age Defying Laser
- Drink plenty of water.
- Mix bronzer and moisturizer for a shimmery finish.

Well, I don't know if I can be of help here! But I can tell you that I usually let my hair dry after I have had a shower and then without combing it I put a funny ponytail like bun on top of my hair. This gives the impression of a lot of volume. For my face I use bio oil at the moment which is a mixture of different things. My friend was visiting me the other week and she stole half the bottle because she likes it too. My best beauty tip is become a vegetarian because you keep on looking younger for a lot longer. And of course, stop smoking if you do and go easy on the booze as well.

I realize that this is one of those thread where you are supposed to share anything random, but it is much easier for me to reply to concrete questions. Anyway, I will try my best :).

• If you are all out of shaving cream, use conditioner for your hair instead.
  • Melt an ice cube on your face every night to prevent acne and reduce wrinkles.
  • Use raw potato slices to get rid of puffy eyes.
  • Apply toothpaste to your pimples to send them off.
  • Remove makeup with any old moisturizer or body lotion and a cotton pad.
  • Use a lighter shade of foundation near the jaw line.