I have been on predisone for my asthnma in the last 6 months, plus been in the hospital for it. I have gained 25 pounds and have been trying to lose weight . I want to but cant do to my asthma attacks. how can I lose weight and still breathe heathy.

I know exactly how you feel. I have been having the SAME problem as you. I can't stay off prednisone long enough to lose weight. I've gained about 50 pounds! And how frustrating to want to help yourself and become healthier, but to not be able to. I am constantly searching for an answer. I'm desperate. I live in Richmond, VA and it hasn't been below freezing, and stayed below freezing, hardly at all this winter. The mold keeps coming back. Everytime it rains, I can't breathe. I mean, REALLY can't breathe. And then it's back on the prednisone . . .

I went through a serious mold problem that caused me to end up being steriod dependent. I have been on prednisone since 1990. My husband went into the Coast Guard and we were stationed in Port Angeles,WA and we lived in a mold infested house, and living in one of the rainest places in America didn't help. I was in the ER every month. Finally, on a humanitarian move, I got to go home to San Diego. My asthma is pretty much in remission, but I CANNOT GET OFF THE PREDNISONE!!!
My advice to you is get out of there..and get into a drier climate because no matter what you do, the mold is still there and your asthma will be too, I really sympathize with you, because I have been there. Also shoot for wood floors, linoleum and no carpeting...it helps a lot too.
Best of luck to you.