HELLO EVERYBODY,I'M 5'5 AND IN 6 MONTHS I HAVE GAINED 30 POUND.NOT I'M TRYING TO LOSE IT ALL.I'VE BEEN WALKING A LOT AND DOING SIT-UP SINCE I GATHER MOST OF MY FAT IN MY BELLY.BUT SOMEONE TOLD ME TO STOP DOING THAT CAUSE INSTEAD OF LOSING IT I WAS GOING TO GAIN MUSCLE.DO YOU GUYS KNOW ANYTHING I CAN DO TO LOSE THIS BELLY FAT?

Celebrity
Hi!

Avoid things like sodas, chips, fried food, cookies ect.
Eat more whole grains, veggies and fruit. I recommend fruit in the first part of the day - or half to one hour before workout. When you eat meat or fish, eat it alone, without bread or potatoes; also eat lean meat - without fat and grilled (not oil).
Drink plenty of water (at least 1,5l -2l per day).
Eat breakfast - it is the most important meal of the day. Eat 5 SMALL meals - make sure to take small portions - big enough to satisfy your hunger...

Well, basically it is like that...
If you want to loose weight you have to combine proper nutrition (things I mentioned above) and cardio workout - workout that makes your heart beat faster and makes you breathe faster - that would be jogging, fast walking, swimming, cycling, skating, ... At least 45 minutes of cardio workout every day (take at least 2 days off every week), and I am sure you will quickly loose that 30 pounds... But combine that with proper nutrition (this is really important).
Belly fat - yes, situps and similar abdominal exercises are fine, and you should continue working them - after 45 minutes of cardio (fast walking etc..)

I hope this helps!

Btw, how come you gained 30 pounds in 6 months? Is it lifestyle related (eating too much, not doing any workout etc...)?