Hi, guys. My best friend’s kid has been diagnosed with idiopathic scoliosis. As far as I know, it is not so easy for treatment. I would really like to know what all the methods are for dealing with this disorder. I would really be grateful if someone could answer me this. Thanks, folks!

Hello, there. Treatment depends on the degree of the spine curvature. Most kids have curvature less than 20%. This is known as mild scoliosis and in this case, no treatment is required. Kid can be only monitored from time to time. This is all to check if the curvature progresses. Your friend should ask his kid’s doctor about the range of the curvature. I hope this kid will be all right. Bye! Please, inform me about the treatment of this kid.

Hi, everyone. In mild scoliosis treatment is indeed not required. However, there are cases of moderate, severe and very severe scoliosis. If these cases are left untreated, then there can be some serious complications. Two methods that are most used are braces and surgery. If the curvature is between 25 and 40 degrees, doctor may recommend braces. If the curvature is more than 40 degrees, then doctor recommends surgery. For more severe cases, it may need more than one surgery. These are all issues that should be discussed with a doctor. Bye!