I was wondering about this tailor's bunion and if I choose to have surgery on it, what is the recovery time? I just had my second bunionectomy, so both feet are done and recovery was slow but not bad. I just had my last surgery on 6/19/2009. I am about 9 weeks out and everthing is great, but this tailor's bunion is really painful at times. My doctor has adjusted the orthotic on that foot, but still no relief. Not sure what to do next except go back to the doctor and see what is up. I really don't want more surgery right now. It is on my driving foot, and I am a bus driver, so just wondered if anyone has had this surgery and what all it entailed.
Thank you

Hi Michele, I can tell you that the recovery time is the same as it would be on your other bunions. It's going to be about two months roughly, just like it was with your other foot surgery. Does that help?

I believed that the recovery process will last longer than I have expected. When I did this surgery, I was in my bed for 4 weeks and after 4 weeks I was able to walk. It was really strange for me since I have expected more time for this. But, it was ok. My doctor also told me that the most surgical treatments need some period of foot protection in a surgical shoe, boot or splint. For this issue, the average healing process is between 3 to 12 weeks. The specific time for recovery after surgery depends on the type of surgery and the surgeon's experience and of course, it depends on bunionette pain relief that you are taking. 

Yes thank you so much. I will need to wait and just grin and bear the pain until another time.

I'm sorry to hear thta you have to wait it out but those two months will be over before oyu know it. And in the meantime, you can always feel free to post here to vent! I'm more than happy to read what you have to say in the meantime, and I sure won't judge you for it. I know how bad it can be!

I had a tailor's bunion removed on Dec. 19th and got my stitches out today and the bandage off. My boot will come off in two more weeks. I noticed today that my incision is bleeding because with no bandage, I have no cushion between my foot and the boot. Has anyone had this issue?