Hi, a friend of mine has been telling me about the wonderful effects of aromatherapy massage. She says that after this treatment she feels more relaxed and calm. I was always a skeptic about these types of therapy, but she really looks great. Could you tell me how exactly aromatherapy massage affects our health?

Hi, throughout the history the effects of the massage on human wellbeing have been confirmed many times. And using essential oils during the massage only emphasize the benefits. Aromatherapy focuses on the sense of smell and its connections to the brain structures. The practitioners think that essential oils have effects on our mental and physical health. Only by inhaling them you can feel the benefits. But if the oils are combined with massage the effects are amazing, as your friend has told you. For the aromatherapy massage practitioner uses diluted essential oils that he chooses based on the desired effect. Generally, aromatherapy is used to enhance the general wellbeing, but some say that it can ease the pain and even help with certain conditions like anxiety, insomnia and depression.