I have been having severe periods for the last few month lasting 30 days or more with terrible cramps and clots. I have seen my doctor and have a ultra sound in a week. The doctor told me my best option will be the ablation and that I have to have a tubal ligation at the same time. I have not had children and am 34 and not planning on it. I am over weight and I am wondering if any other heavier women have had this done. I have never had surgery and I am scared about what to expect and what may happen.. how long did the surgery take, how painful was it. How long was the recovery ?

I am also overweight and I had my tubes done six years ago after my daughter was born; due to a back injury.  I would suggest looking into Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome  it can happen sometimes after the surgery. Good Luck.