My husband had his first pancreatitis attacks. He ended up in ER. I am very worried about this. I wanted to know more about it, is there someone who can tell me more.

It is important to take pancreatitis attacks seriously. Pain management seems to help a great deal in preventing escalation pancreatic attacks. Totally restricting food intake for 1-3 days seems to help a great deal as well. Fluid therapy to prevent dehydration and help maintain circulatory function is usually necessary and Medications to control vomiting.

ede wrote:

You are not alone. Tell your father to stop drinking first and foremost.
Each bout of pancreatitis he has will only become worse as mine did and tell the doctor in his care to watch his liver enzymes as they tend to spark.
My last bout of pancreatitis was so severe, I was given morphine for pain and was hospitalized for 4 days. Good Luck!

I presently have pancreatitis. It is the result of a side affect of an ERCP, a procedeure used to insert a stent into my liver to repair a leaking bile duct after gallbladder removal. It is an awful disease. I was in the hospital for 5 days after the diagnosis. I was on a liquid diet for 7 days. The stomach pain is unbearable when it attacks. I was prescribed oxycodone, 5 mg tablets, one or two to be taken every four hours as needed. They barely even touch the pain. I also take creon and carafate before meals. DO NOT PLAY WITH PANCREATITIS!!! IT CAN BE FATAL IF YOU IGNORE IT!!! If you haven't been very religious before, It can't hurt to become religious now. Nothing else seems to work. Follow your prescribed diet, stay near the toilet and pray for the best.