Do you agree with statement that “Only bipolars can truly understand their disorder”? chow can anyone expect from me to understand the emotional chaos of bipolar disorder at all, what it feels like to not be in control of how you feel? I just don’t know!!! I lived with my older sister, diagnosed as bipolar. Would you not think that someone exposed daily to the consequences of this mental illness in a family member would come to understand it? I didn’t, help me understand bipolars!

I agree with many of you and I think unless you suffer from bipolar, you can’t cope with it. The best portrayal of a bipolar I have seen is in a movie, never mind which one, but I was able to identify with every scene in the movie. It was so liberating, because after watching it I was able to give myself a break because I tend to beat myself up because I can't be normal and this movie reminded me that this illness is real, must be treated. Maybe something like this will be helpful for you.