Okay, so guess i should let you guys know the basics.
Well i'm 16 and since i was about 13 i've had on and off episodes of depression, but lately they have been getting worse and a couple of months ago it got to extremes where i was cutting myself and i did try to take an overdose. I always thought it was just depression, you know, the sort of thing everybody goes through in their lives, but i'm not sure it is just depression. When i'm depressed i have absolutely no energy and sleep for hours on end, but then when i feel okay im the complete opposite and have lots of energy even though i get about 4/5 hours sleep on a good night.
And recently it's getting worse and i just find myself switching from one extreme to the other.. from being so hyperactive that i feel like i'm drunk to feeling so down that i just lock myself away for days at a time.
My sister is bipolar, as is my mum and my grandfather, i read somewhere that if a close family member, ie parent or sibling, suffers from bipolar disorder then your chances of being a suferer are higher than the average person.
What do you guys think?

I can't say for sure if you are bipolar or not, because I'm not a doctor. But if your mom and sister are bipolar, and you feel like you go from one extreme to the next, you should go to the doctor and get tested for it. He/She is really the only one who can diagnose you properly.

Heyy.. i agree with guest.. get ur self tested out instead of sittin around having diff emotions from one min to another which may god forbit make u commit somethin u dnt wanna do but at the time dnt realize cus of ur condition..