I am a mother of four and I go to college part-time. I am obviously pressed for time between keeping up with the home, errands, kids, homework & then there is me fitting this get myself back in shape thing in. Ok I am trying to lose weight so I lowered my calories to 1200 with little or no fatty foods(eating healthier foods I can eat sufficiently without being hungry) and I am doing two hours of stationary cycling to burn what I put in. I am not losing any weight. I thought that it was because I was breaking even but after talking to a specialist I was told that my body has gone into starvation mode. I am a bit lost at this point. Do I exercise less? Do I eat more?...I want to lose 65 pounds by july...my whole family has a vacation planned at the beach, I am very self conscience & with all the other girls & guys for that matter having perfect bodies... I won't be able to enjoy myself. In other words I'll be sweating it fully clothed on the beach. Help!

you’ve got to be careful not to starve yourself. 1200 cals may be a bit low. plus, you shouldn’t try to lose more than 2 lb per week – its not healthy. you need to calculate how many calories you should eat to reach your target weight – again, provided that you don’t overdo it, which can have really bad effects. you need a calorie counter to calculate that for you. I use the one at ***** - it’s free, and it’s really useful. The site is like a myspace but for people who want to lose weight, and it’s got a bunch of useful things – I use the menu planner to calculate how many calories I eat, and the workout planner to see how many I burn.good luck to you!

**edited by moderator**

it doesn't tell me where i need to go. What website is it? it just has stars where it is!!! :'( :-( >:(