I am 23 year old and I am pretty much fat I have tried everything exercising, running and who knows what else but nothing I am still so fat and so desperate for this so I came to an idea on starting dancing and am curious does dancing helps lose weight for I saw there is bunch of jumping and running there so I thought dancing might help me lose some weight.

You haven’t told how fat you are for it is not like you could dance so easily if you are too fat but you might try it and it is true dancing does helps lose weight and it helps also staying in god physical shape and condition for dancers are good on coordinating movements which is excellent in shaping muscles. Besides all this dancing keeps you being smiley and in friendly mood and it make goes away desperation or even depression and the less you are desperate or depressed you are less eating also so on the second thought you might try with dancing for I am positive it helps lose weight really

Cheri you say you tried running and now you want to try dancing to lose weight...listen running, dancing, swimming, jogging, walking etc ALL work the same way--they burn calories to one degree or another so pick an activity you enjoy and can stick to.
Do they help you to lose weight? Yes and no...yes all these activities burn calories but there is no such thing as one activity that is like the magic activity that will cause weight loss. Dancing is not going to cause you to lose weight more than running would if you are eating to much.
Weight loss occurs ONLY When you are ready to reduce your caloric intake to no more than 1200-1300 cals a day!!!
Use an online calorie counter like fitday.com to help you realize where your calories are coming from and how many calories you eat. This will help you lose weight because you will see if you are eating too much and that would explain why running isn't working to help you lose weight (it should work if you are not eating too many calories)!!
So the key to weight loss is in going on a calorie reduced diet --using excercise as the only way to lose weight will NOT work!
Good luck!!