I should really do more meal planning. As it is, I go grocery shopping knowing I need a certain amount of food, but not knowing what I am going to be buying. That is how I ended up taking a huge pumpkin home with me today. Because it was reduced in price, and because it looked nice. Now the big question is what to do with this pumpkin. I don't even know where to start. What herbs do I add to pumpkin?

Admittedly, I shop in much the same way you describe. And I love pumpkin too! When I am at a loss and don't want to think about what to do with pumpkin, I just make a soup with it. I love pumpkin soup! As for herbs, you can put in whatever you want. Personally I love thyme, garlic, rosemary... And don't forget to add some cream to your pumpkin soup as well.

Nutmeg is the best, but cloves, allspice, and even ginger would be good as well. Even a touch of cinnamon.