Hi, I have some friends coming over for dinner. They know that when I invite them over they can expect a perfectly served take out dinner. This time I would like to surprise them and cook something myself. The thing is that I am not an experienced cook. I think that a chicken vegetable soup would not be that hard to prepare, but I haven't got the recipe. Can you please share with me your chicken vegetable soup recipe?

Hi, from my experience the best dishes are the ones that you do not have recipes for. The basic idea is to follow your instincts and use your favorite ingredients. However, there are few rules that you have to follow. The best meat for chicken vegetable soup is white chicken meat. I have found out that mushrooms are great with chicken. You can also use peppers and carrots. The more colors found in the soup, the better. Boil chicken meat cut into squares first and then add vegetables also cut into squares. For the extra taste add at the very end some noodles. And do not forget seasoning. Rosemary and black pepper are a great choice. I would advice you to cook this soup for yourself few days before the dinner with your friends. This way you will be able to figure out the right combination of vegetables for the big night and really surprise your friends with your culinary skills.