Hello! Today I saw in a bus whose eyelid was inverted and the lashes were rubbing against her eye. She was sitting next to me, and It was embarrassing to look at her. I have never seen such thing before. Does anybody know how this happens?

Hi! What you saw is actually a condition called entropion, when an eyelid turns inward. It is usually caused by scarring from trauma or inflammation from certain diseases that involve the eyelids or it may stem from a muscle spasm. When this happens, , the lashes rub against the eye, resulting in irritation, scratchiness, tearing and redness. This condition is usually corrected by surgery but some people pull the lower lid down with a piece of tape to relieve the condition temporarily.

Hi there,
I can imagine how hard it can be for that person to look with constant irritation of inverted eyelid. Read somewhere that his usually occurs in children and young adults. I think this condition affects mostly Asian people, but I am not sure why. Itching of the eye and redness of the eye are symptoms of this condition that are most often seen, but there is also constant tearing in the eye. People with this condition usually have problems with bright lights. The good thing is that mild cases of these conditions can be treated with eye drops, but if this is a serious condition surgery is the best option for this problem.
I hope this helped a bit.