It's amazing how many people tried so many different things, including myself. i have been suffering for over 20 years and found out about 6 months ago what it actually is. After trying every antibiotic on earth, special soaps, tea tree oil, even swollow a whole nutmeg (old remedy's from our forefathers) I went to a sergion and he told me the ONLY way to get rid of it is by surgery ( i am in stage 3, which is permanet infections in my groin. Well i had the surgery about 10 days ago. They removed the glands and cut about 3cm deep, 4cm wide and about 19 cm long. Also did a skin craft. I am in a lot of pain, but was told by 3 woman that it is worth at the end. I have to go for more skin transplant in about 3 weeks and was told that after 2 years i will only have a few scars. I had scars anyway from the boils. My body was consisting fighting infection and it was not good for my health. I hope it all goes well at the end, and if there are anybody that have had surgery,then i would love to hear their story. I was told that if you catch the HS in a very early stage (stage 1) when you only have an outbreak 2 a year or so, you can keep it under control by having lazer to remove hair in that area..... Good luck to all, and i will keep you updated about how my surgery goes....

And how this surgery goes? Experiences are different for every patient and treatments as well. That is something that you need to know in the beginning. Hidradenitis suppurativa treatment depends on so many different factors. But you also should know that most of the treatment options after the surgery is successful. Also, it is very, very important to contact your health care provider as soon as you notice that you have this problem because in the early stages the treatment is more effective, you really don't want it to be late. My good friend noticed this at the beginning and that is why he didn't need a surgery.