What gives?  My blood sugars are acting weird... like after I exercise and go home, I find that my blood sugar is higher than when I left?  What??  Is it due to exercise increasing blood glucose levels?  I would think the levels would go down rather than up?  Someone please explain this to me???

There could be many things going on.  If you are not eating enough before exercise, you may have your liver trying to compensate for the lack of blood sugar by dumping a bunch of glucose in your blood stream.  You may also be drinking a sports drink that could be bringing your sugars up?  Do you drink any fluids during your workout?  You may want to check your meter and test strips.  Maybe they are not reflecting accurate readings.  This would explain any discrepancies you are seeing. 

That is never a problem for me… it’s always hypos that I have to deal with if I want to work out especially too much of a workout. I need to eat before, during, and after a workout to keep my sugars up from hypoglycemia. I usually do a bowl of oatmeal before it. Then I will chew up an apple during the session. Afterwards, I drink an 8 ounce drink of juice. If I don’t, I will get tremendously shaking and start sweating profusely. I don’t want to do that, especially if I am working out at home. So this constant snacking during my workout works best for me so I don’t get hypoglycemia. Other times during the day I am fine in whatever I do. It’s just the hard workout I put in that really depletes my blood glucose. I do well otherwise, for which I am grateful. I know that insulin therapy is something that makes diabetics sugars go down more easily.