I need some advice as to what is going on. I'm a Type 2 Diabetic and have been closely monitoring my blood glucose levels recently. I have noticed a pattern that I cannot explain. I wake up daily with my levels pretty consistent from night before. After breakfast -2hr my readings always climb high as if my body is releasing glucose because it thinks i'm starving or something. My typical breakfast consist of two whole wheat toast and some come kind of fruit, I usally try to stay around 30grams of carbs or less. I will have a decafeineted coffee with sweetner. My readings have increased 80-100% from my morning reading. For example this morning I was 193 and my post 2 hr reading was 404. I realize i'm high to start with but no matter what i eat it seems that my body is reacting a different way. Please help.

Hi guest,

Basically your body is reacting to your breakfast.  After you eat the blood sugar levels will rise.  This is normal.  I don't think you're compensating enough.  You really should discuss this with your doctor.  Your morning level is very high and I expect you run high throughout the day.  

Are you taking insulin?  How?  

Talk to your doctor please.  You can expect a fasting blood sugar test at a minimum.  

Keep us posted, good luck.

figures dan your  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I don't know what kind of advice you expected.  You need tests.  So glad to have helped.

Why don't you get your blood sugar under control?  You know what can happen I'm sure.  When you start having circulatory problems and lose your vision, you'll know why.

I have news for you, the blood sugar levels rise in most people after breakfast, or any meal, but usually only up to about 120 or so.

Good luck, you'll need it with your attitude.