Wednesday July 31, 2013 - Today I took my last 3 hydros. After 2 failed back surgeries and refusing a 3rd one my surgeon put me in pain mgmt. This was 7 years ago and at that time I had only taken pain meds after my surgeries. Like most of us I had no idea what I was getting into. Fast forward 7 years later I was up to 10-15 hydros, 2-3 Oxys and 6 somas a day. I have tried to many times to even try to count to quit and never make it past day 5. Well this is it. I'm done and I will make it this time and I'm going to write everyday not only to help myself but hopefully to help others along the way. Good luck to all and hang in there.

August 1, 2013 - Today is day 1 of no opiates and I stopped the somas 1 week ago. I took 5 loperamide late yesterday afternoon to get it in my system. Got maybe 2 hours of sleep and at 8am took a tagament then at 8:30am took 8 loperamide and a lot of b vitamins and one a day vitamins. It's 4pm no withdrawals at all except zero energy. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

Forgot user name sorry about that

Started feeling yucky a little around 5pm so I took 5 more loperamide. That was 45 minutes ago and now I feel a lot better just zero energy. I also took a Epsom salt bath around 3pm.

It's now 11pm tired as all hell otherwise feel ok just wish I could sleep. It has now been 32 hours with no pain meds. Almost to day 2 and doing better than I thought. Saying some prays and will try to close my eyes.

Day 2 - well I took 5htp and clonidine to try to get a little sleep last night but ended up get zero sleep. So this morning I'm feeling like I haven't slept in a week. But I took a tagament and 30 min later 8 loperamide and other than zero energy there are no other withdrawals. I also took my B complex and one a day vitamins. Will see how the rest of today goes.

It's now been 48 hours with no pain meds. The loperamide has definitely taking away 99% of all the withdrawals. Just zero energy and very tired but I'm not staying in the bathroom, no hot/cold, no sneezing, no rls, no vomiting, etc. so all in all I think I'm doing pretty well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's now night time still no withdrawals except the zero energy and tiredness. Just a Epsom salt bath and a 5htp to help me relax and hopefully get a little sleep.

Today is day 3 - I took a Klonopin is try to sleep at last night and I actually got about 6 hours of sleep. Woke up took my Tagament and then 8 loperamide along with my B complex one a day vitamin and I also started with the liquid B12. Still no withdrawals and not as tired since I was able to sleep. Now I just need to find something for the energy part of all of this. Feeling really good about everything:-)

Moved to "loperamide for opiate ct withdrawals daily journal"