i love my boy friend but i cannot forget the pain that he cheated on me and was in love with another girl before.. what is true love by the way

Okay...I am only answering because this is what I went through. I had a boyfriend that "had loved" another woman. Ok. He said it was in the past. After that he dumped me. I did my best trying to figure out what it was. As time went by I noticed that when he broke up with me he was with her. Technically not cheating, by what man would say. After that he came back to me.

I loved him, so I took him in again. It was horrible to tell you the truth. I didn't trust him and the fact that he had kept it hidden made me angry and sad. We were together for 5 months after that. The relationship had it's ups and downs to the extremes. She kept calling him, she came out pregnant with "his baby"...he told me that he had to keep the communication because he just didn't know. For the sake of not being none rational I agreed to the calls, just to check on what happened with the pregnancy.

While being with him I got depressed because he cheated once so I didn't trust him, I still had to hear the other woman's story, he might have a baby that was not mine and over all it was the worst thing. Let me remind you we had our ups too. At first the relationship was solid and just great. As the problems began to surface I noticed a changed in him. He told me I wasn't mature because I wouldn't allow late night calls with the other woman. He said I didn't understand. I think I did more than any other woman would do. I was there, I listened and I tried helping keeping my cool about the situation.

A week ago he left me because he said we were too different. He also mentioned in our conversations how he knew I didn't trust him and so on.
He wanted to stay friends, I agreed after a while. But now because I had lowered or bend myself so much for him before...Now as a friend I became independent, and I didn't take his arguments. So when he would argue I would argue back or simply didn't take his BS anymore. He hasn't called me ever since. To tell you the truth, I love him, not like I use to...I love him for the good and some of the bad we went through. More than love what I felt was that I missed him because I spend every day with him, we planned our futures together so in a way I got use to him which is what makes it harder.

I wouldn't go back with him for several reasons. Mainly I don't trust him. So it would be a waste of time. Another reason why I wouldn't be with him is because if a man sees that after every wrong he has done to you and you still allow him to come back, he will do it again. By allowing him to come back you are sending unconsciously the message that is okay for him to keep doing it. You shouldn't be with him. It is your choice but my opinion is that you shouldn't be with him. You asked if is true love...on what part, his or yours? On your part it is true love on his it isn't. Respect is very important when it comes to love. If he cheated he doesn't respect you or apparently he doesn't know your worth. Take time for yourself, take care of yourself and later on find somebody that will truly love you and respect you.

Don't waste your time. Right know I am making up for those 5 months. Oh and by the way learn from what happened because there's always a lesson behind it.

Take Care

Mabey he just wanted to see how much he could mess with your mind, but afterward he really was in love with you, because nobody else out in society could put up with all of his bull. He really does love you sweatheart XD

Hideko, I never loved anyone but you still this is true because we married one another and forever we shall love each other Although times are tough and we go through so much Leave it to God He will bring us together again Yes I had to leave for purposes that maybe werent in the best times but I do love you,
David