I am 17 years old and have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now. A few months ago I found out he had cheated on me with one of his exes that had always been really rude and bitchy towards me. I was completely crushed and broke up with him when I found out. For 3 months I became severely depressed not being with him and not being able to get over him. I would sit in my room under the covers with the lights off and cry everyday. We stayed in contact during our separation and he would continually tell me how sorry he was and how he couldn't believe he hurt me in this way. During the split (but we were trying to work on things) one of his friends told him he caught me kissing some guy(which wasn't true). He had always had some weird thing about this guy ever since we were together. He drove to my school and beat up this guy despite the fact I had told him it wasn't true. A while after this he told me he would change and he was sorry for hurting this guy and hurting me so I decided to give him another chance because I couldn't bear not being with him any longer. When we got back together I definitely saw a change in him he was now more attentive, romantic, caring and lovely. But he also became extremely paranoid and controlling. For example, he doesn't like me talking to other boys that are friends or even talking to his friends. He also is convinced that I am going to cheat on him and thinks I lie to him about my whereabouts all the time, even doubts that when I go to work that i'm actually there. Granted, I did once lie to him  when I had agreed to see him but then went to the cinema when he said he would be so angry if I went there instead of going to see him. But surely he would have gotten over that as it was over a year ago? He is on holiday right now and I am still at home and he doesn't want me drinking or going out and just wants me to stay home because he's so paranoid. I have started to go crazy at him and stand up for myself whenever he acts stupidly but it's getting to the point where its exhausting having to defend myself all the time. I love him so much and he does make me happy but I just feel like I shouldn't have to put up with this crazy behaviour after what he's done to me.

So what I really want to know is if this is an unhealthy relationship that I need to get out of? I am so young and need to live my life without someone on my case the whole time.
I want to be with him but is it likely that he will change? 
I need help I don't know what to do:( He knows i'm considering leaving him and says when he's back he wants to go to the doctors about his paranoia because he can't lose me again. But will they even be able to help?

Hey im 16 & just recently went through the exact same thing.. & I really loved him we were together for 3 years & have a 2month old together but what I realized was that I respect myself as a woman & if he wasent able to do the same than he wasent worth it... I felt so depressed & sad untill I realized that the only reason I missed him was because I was use to having him around so my advice to you is take a break! Go out drink party! Be a teen & if he lets you do these things without trippen then take him back.

Hi sophie, i usually dont responsed to things like this, but in reality u just answered your own question real talk. Your young am sure very beautiful n attactive n let me share something that i heard on a talk show that was so touchin to me. Go to school, n look fly doing it, if he acts like this now and acted like that before he will,always

Hi sophie, i usually dont responsed to things like this, but i want to n am sure u know u answered your own question, but u wanna hear it from someone else, n u dont need to unless u know. I wanna share something with u i heard from off a show that was good. Am sure u are beautiful n attactive, but go to school, stay focus n look fly doing it. If hes treating u this way n treated u that way before he will not stop n it will continue or get worst n saying sorry only lasts for how long. You are young, n you doing need someone to make u feel unsafe when he cheated on u. Do what you know you have to do.