I am 21 years old and have been having sex for almost 4 years. I've never had unprotected sex, not once. With my last boyfriend, we depended only on the pill and sometimes I got a morning after pill just to put my mind at ease. I decided to use two forms from then on with other guys when we broke up. I worried about it so much. My current boyfriend and I use condoms and I have been on the pill for 5 years. I take it at the same time every single day and have not missed any since we have been together. He very rarely ejaculates inside of me, he is paranoid as well and would rather finish outside. The thing is, I still worry about getting pregnant every month. I realize there is like a .02% chance with two forms, but there is still that chance. I worry myself sick and think that I am having symptoms when I'm not. My period is due tomorrow and I know I won't get any sleep tonight cause I'm so paranoid. I have cramps, bloating and lower back pain, all which are PMS symptoms but I worry they are pregnancy symptoms, even though they're not. I would take a test but it wouldn't be accurate yet, so that wouldn't help my worries. I just want to get over this and be able to enjoy sex. We could abstain but I don't want to cut him off like that. I love him and I want to have sex. I'm considering seeing a therapist to discuss possible anxiety issues. I don't think most people worry this much. Does anyone have any advice or personal experience? Thanks.

Actually you are WRONG thinking that others don't feel the same anxiety! I am counselling a young man that EVERY month emails me with concerns! AS I stated to him I will to you! I know your BODY wants sex, BUT I don't think you are mentally or emotionally ready! When you are on BCP they are 99% effective, condoms are about 97% - when used properly, and ejaculating outside the body is about 70% so think of it this way from now on OK?

1. You are 99% covered
2. The 1% is 97% covered
3. The .001% left is 70% covered
4. That leaves you with about .0001% of EVER becoming pregnant!

that isn't 1 in a 100, not 1 in a 1000, not 1 in 10,000 it would be 1 in 100,000!!!!! People who are protected for you to get pregnant!!!! o.O o.O o.O It will NOT happen without ejaculate getting inside the vagina! Then it is VERY hard - the sperm have to be good quality, make it through the sticky lining of the vagina, THEN the worst the THICK jelly Cervical Lining! THEN whomever got through, has to find an egg IF there is one, then make it through the THICK shell of the egg! So REALLY put it into perspective OK? And perhaps lay off sex for a bit, to be able to understand what and why! Then when you start up again, make sure that your boyfriend ALWAYS ejaculates outside the vagina, that he wears a condom and that you continue with the pill! And I guarantee you that you will NOT get pregnant! And I guarantee you that you are NOT now!! OK? So try and relax, and just take it easy!

Thank you so much. I'm glad other people worry too. I know a lot of girls who never give it a second thought and are a lot less responsible than I am. I really don't want to feel like this every month so I think less sex or maybe none at all is the best way to go. But what you said will help me get to sleep tonight. Thank you.

You're welcome honey! And just know that it MIGHT seem like girls are out there having sex willy nilly, BUT there is usually DEEP reasons why! And it is VERY rare that a girl who is having sex all the time feels that great about it!! I have counselled hundreds of thus mentioned girls on here honey, and there is ALWAYS something else going on! As I say to my sons girlfriends too - "Due to videos, movies, tv shows etc. and celebrities, young people think that sex is just writhing around having fun and switching from person to person, BUT life isn't like that, if it was no one would be working or at school ;-) There are feelings involved EVERYTIME! Unless it is your job!" So don't worry too much OK! And just take your time IF you dont' want too you DONT want to! It's ALWAYS your call honey! Good luck and health!

I started my period so I can relax now, lol. I am going to talk to my boyfriend about having sex less often. I do it because I want to do it but the stress it brings isn't worth it. I'll try to remember what you said about the protection though, you made a good point and were very helpful. Thank you so much!

WOW! I just wanted to say that is such an awesome answer Bambi! You're amazing!

Hi .. I wanted to ask tht can a girl b pregnant if a guy rubs his penis on her vagina ? N the girl was with underwear guy wasn't .. He kept on wiping his wetness .. So can a gal b pregnant? HELP plzzz!! U can email me .. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I have the same problem as you. I don't know what to do about it:(

Do about what?

I had unprotected sex 1 1/2 weeks ago (normal ovulation time) only for about 10 seconds. My bf said he didn't cum or Precum but I took plan b one step just incase 2 hours later. We then had sex today but he didn't have a condom so he put 2 ziplock bags on again for a short time of about 1-3 minutes and he said he didn't cum. After the fact I checked the bags for no holes, and there were none but I worry a lot. Do you think I will be okay? I'm suppose to start my period in 5 days.

Honestly I'm dealing with a similar issue here.. I keep hearing women say they end up pregnant even with a heavy period. I hear some say at 12 weeks they get a negative pregnancy test while actually being pregnant. Thing is, I almost slept with my boyfriend at the end of May. However, I knew I wasn't ready, therefore I didn't let him penetrate. For one, it was painful when he attempted to go in. We had protection but he felt it'd be easier if he took the condom off which didn't help. 13hrs after the act, I took plan b and it screwed my period cycle up a bit. I had it twice in June, the 2nd period came on time. Then in July it my period are 5 days late. It was heavy as usual. But I can't stop being afraid I might be pregnant. I took so many tests that gave me a negative. It's been almost 13 weeks and I don't know what to think. I don't feel very pregnant. I don't have access to a dr at the moment. But I am overwhelmed because I'm not sure. It's ridiculously frustrating, but I hear that PlanB messes up your cycle for the first 3 months. What do you think about this?

Hi, I'm a 21 years old male and I keep overthinking with anxiety that she, 19, may be pregnant. She doesn't believe in most contraceptives so when we do it -we're only using a condom, but I guess,
My Question Is: After ejaculating (solo masturbation), then taking a shower afterwards, what are the chances of her becoming pregnant from any possible sperm that my penis could be holding? as I didn't pee beforehand, once she has just stuck the tip inside of her -whilst wet, around 20 minutes later to the prior shower.

For any asap replies, thank you.

This helped me SO much!! I am a minor, and my mom is SUPER strict with even letting me have a boyfriend. Both mine and my boyfriend have been together for a year and I lost it to him. Even though he uses a condom every single time, though I’m not on the pill, I still freak out. He never has never ejaculated inside the condom, always outside. But I get so worried with pre-cum. Every single month I worry so much and get so paranoid about being pregnant Bc my mom would KILL me. This was such a great reminder