I have flat foot. I have some problems during running. I was told that it was normal and that there is nothing I could do about it. I read that there is a shoe designed for my type of foot which can help me to avoid such problems. What do you think about flat foot and running shoe selection?

You are right. There is shoe that can relieve you of the pain or discomfort during running. There are several types of foot. Consequently there are several types of running shoes; each designed for particular type of foot. A good shop assistant skilled in selling running shoes will be able to show you different models of your type of shoes. You will be able to choose the ones that fit you the most. Your foot problems related to running will disappear.

You may want to try superfeet black or Blue insoles. They are made for people with flat feet.

You should try finding some good foot running insoles. One of the best running insoles are Sorbothane SorboAlign, Montrail Enduro-Soles, Sorbothane Ultra Graphite Arch. The cost is about $30-40 but it's worth it.

I've been wearing Saucony Hurricanes for 4 years now. (not the same pair) ha ha

It's done wonders for my running and my very flat feet.

When you have flat feet you most likely then not tend to overpronate - which is roll you ankles inward and overcompensating with your knees.

You're right, there are different kinds of shoes for different foot types. The first time I went to a mizuno shop, they have this equipment to determine the foot type you have. From there, they will recommend different kinds of shoes for you.

really?? are u sure???