My boyfriend used to be pretty heavy into meth a couple years before I met him. He'd been clean for over a year when we got together. We've been together for 2 1/2 years now, and I love him to death. When we first got together, we both did it a couple times, but promised each other we'd never do it again.
That was over a year ago. Yesterday he went to a friends and when he got home, I could tell....he said he took one hit and that he wasnt thinking about our promise and he messed up.
I blew up at him and told him he didnt care about our relationship and how was I supposed to trust him on anything if he could mess up on something that big.
He said we'd talk about it the next day. He has to back over to his friends today and do laundry, and I basically told him I wanted to go with him to make sure he didnt do anything stupid, and he said I was acting like his mother and said he cant promise me that if they offer it to him he wont take another hit.
I dont know what to do. I dont want to see him do this to himself...or us. I dont want him to feel like he needs to sneak around, but how can I trust him? I know it was just one hit in a years time, but we both know people that let meth ruin their lives and I've heard him advise people against it strongly, but now he's just being a hypocrite.
He's almost 30 years old, and I just want him to grow up. Please help.