Hi, guys. I have been experiencing something strange lately. It seems that I feel popping in my ear whenever I exercise. I am beginning to be concerned what could cause this. Can someone help me with some more info? I would really appreciate all your replies considering this. Thank you for answering to my post.

Hi, there. I have heard about similar problem before. It seems that it can happen if someone is not hydrated well. My friend had similar problem. You should bring a bottle of water with you. Drink during exercise. You sweat and you lose salt and water. That is why it would be even better to take mineral water. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello, guys. This can also be caused by some factor located in the inner or outer ear. It is usually caused by the difference in the pressure between inner and outer ear. Maybe the drainage from your sinuses is compromised. You should also check this out. When you move suddenly, it pops. I agree that you should hydrate regularly before, during and after your exercising. You should also ask for a doctor’s opinion. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, good people. I think that it is a good advice for you to hydrate properly. You should also take carbohydrates and proteins after your exercise. Proper diet is also important. Maybe you are also experiencing some allergy. In any case, you should consult your general practitioner. He will make further steps in this investigation. Please, let me know what the tests will show. I hope this helps. Bye!

This is not a huge concern if it goes away when you start to lower your hear rate. Basically there are several causes that I've discovered through research and seeking medical attention when it first started happening to me. If you experience vertigo or dizziness when this happens you may want to see a doctor as well.

Mostly its caused by a spike in your blood pressure. much like some parts of your skin may redden and swell a bit the inner ear experiences the same phenomina and creates that sensation of popping. Your estachan tubes (sp? sorry im not a doc and dont remember exactly the name) in your middle ear can become engorged. Tese tubes are connected to your respitory system which is why it feels like you can hear your breathing more. Cause they will stay open (usually closed).

Wich leads to another cause in that your breathing may be too erratic. Maintain a steady breathing rythm and breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.

I still experiance this when I do heavy weightlifting or intence sparring sessions but as my cardio gets better the severity and frequency has subsided.

Im having the same problem and its really annoying. Im pretty sure that it will stop once im in better shape, becuase it didn't happen during soccer season when i was running at least 2 miles a day. Also i just had swine flu which is when it started... Also try using an inhaler if you can it kinda helps for me.

My ear is open right now, about 4 hours ago i had 20oz of Major dickenson blend coffee, 2 1/3lb cheese burgers and about 12 oz of primo filtered water, then took off on my pedal bike. about 10 miles, 1.5-2hrs later my ear opened up so i got off the bike and ran abot 2 miles. Ear still open. Got back on the bike and headed home. Got home about 45minutes ago drank about 20 oz of water. My right ear, which is the only one that does this, is still open. It is very annoying. If i hold my breath and push like im taking the dump of my life, i can get me ear tube to close up for a moment or two only to open back up in a moment. from expericence, i can say it is because i'm dehydrated. water well before and during excercise to avoid what i call the most annoying side effect of excercising. PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT!!!!!

hi, this happens to me whenever i have a cold (blocked nose) and gym...make sure you are not exercising while ill..