I have tried top quit smoking few times without success, naturallyļ. Anyway I believe that smoking helps me concentrate in my work. Is this possible? Does smoking help you concentrate? I am totally confused without cigarettes.

I thought that I could never say good bye to smoking, but last month I was hospitalized due to pneumonia. A dosage for two to four weeks can make the smoker give up the habit forever and Stapphisagari and tobaccum are some of the medicines used for the purpose. Doctors too claim to have effective medications to help cure people of their smoking habits. Anyway I don¡¦t believe that smoking help you concentrate. I don¡¦t see how it is possible.

Smoking does not help you concentrate, it seems like it does though because one of the side effects of withdrawl from nicotine is trouble concentrating. The nicotine does not help you concentrate at all, it's just a symptome of the addiction.

Some say that nicotine does help you concentrate. I read that there are studies that show that smokers can maintain concentration for much longer than non-smokers. Nicotine smoking also suppresses the appetite, which means that you're not distracted by hunger. 

On the other hand, it is probably more complicated. When you are addicted to nicotine smoking, your brain sends you powerful messages to start craving a cigarette. This craving messes with your concentration, no doubt about that. When you meet the addiction's call to smoke, you then feel like you can concentrate again, which gives you the idea that smoking helps you concentrate. 

One thing is for sure. When you quit, you will find it hard to concentrate at work for a while, if you are used to smoking during work. This wears off, mind you. 

Some experts do in fact believe that nicotine can help concentration. The nicotine apparently stimulates certain brain receptors, which helps focus attention. This is also why studies have shown why about 60% of people suffering from schizophrenia smoke. Thanks-you.

Some experts actually believe that smoking does help people concentrate. The Nicotine apparently stimulates certain brain receptors which helps focus attention. This also supports why studies have shown that about 60% of people who suffer from schizophrenia smoke, and show a greater concentration level. Thank-you.

brain need oxygen to work
If you smoke the red cells decrease significantly and therefore we need to breath more to frequently to carry oxygen to all different kinds of cells in your body.
I always feel tired after smoking more like relaxing mood that concentrating mood

There's nothing like exercise to make you feel better about almost anything, including concentration, even 10 mins a day will help you.

As previously mentioned already in this thread, nicotine withdrawal has a common side-effect of an inability to concentrate. But it was never the nicotine that gave you the ability to concentrate.

As mentioned in the previous post, exercise is a great remedy - it's good for you on the outside as well as the inside. The mentally positive effects are overwhelming. The boost to your self esteem, concentration levels, libido, etc etc......... :-D

Smoking itself does not help you concentrate. In fact, in the long run, it does the reverse. Smoking appears to help you concentrate by relieving the withdrawals, as withdrawals can cause difficulty in concentration. Once you quit smoking for good, you will find you are able to focus way better than you ever could as a smoker. I did anyways. I no longer need to take a break from my studies every 20 minutes to smoke. I can study for a couple hours before even getting restless. Who knew! :-)

dose smoking help with anythink need answers x

I never smoked in my life and I have a neurological disease that makes me feel very scattered.  I just realized that smoking one or two puffs on a cigarette totally changes my world.  I don't like the smoke, but I find that after smoking that little bit I was very focused and able to accomplish more in one hour than I did in a whole day.  So regardless of why things happen the way they do (according to "science" or whatever), I found a positive result.  This does not mean that I will take up smoking, however, I just wanted to say that it helped me focus.

I think it certainly can help you think.  Don't believe everything you hear from these do-gooders. 

Before everyone jumps all over me saying I don't know what I'm takling about - I smoked for over 20 years, about 4 years ago I quit cold turkey.  At times smoking certainly can help you think, be more focused and be more creative.

If you want to smoke, then smoke;  if you don't want to smoke then don't.  You're an adult, you make the choice.

Yes tobacco helps you concentrate.

Tobacco does in fact help you focus, to a certain extent. For the occasional smoker that maybe smokes only a pack a month tobacco helps you concentrate in a similar way adderall does. But the downside to that is that you can get addicted, and smoking too much lowers red blood cell count which means less oxygen gets to your brain, reducing your ability to concentrate. And, of course, tobacco is VERY addictive.