Hello, folks. I was discovered a breast cancer. My doctor recommended me chemotherapy. I know that one of the side effects is hair loss. I would like to know how long before my hair starts falling off. Is this a shorter or a longer period? Thanks in advance for all replies.

Hello. Usually, it takes 10 to 14 days after the beginning of the treatment for hair to start falling off due to chemotherapy. You will first notice your hair on your pillow or hairbrush. You can also notice it on your sink. This loss will continue for up to a month after stopping the treatment. You can even lose 50% of your hair before others notice it. It will pass about 6 weeks before your new hair starts to grow. It can grow with different color or texture. It becomes curlier that it used to be. I have read that a quarter of inch grows per month. I hope this helps.