i use to have really pretty LONG hair , but one day my dumb self decided to cut it :-( nd ever since my hair hasnt really grew nd it seems as if it anit growing . i have looked at shampoos nd i havnt found one dat helps the hair to grow longer or helps it grow faster . i havnt found any herbs,vitamins,etc either . any suggestions ?

Well, to you it seems like your hair isn't growing simply because of the fact that hair grows about half an inch a month, or six inches a year. So, this really isn't something you could notice easily. How much did you shorten your hair? I went through all the stages - from one inch long to shoulder length long, so I know how frustrating it is, but more important thing is that you keep your hair health and don't fall for all the false advertisements that will promise you hair that will grow over night - that just doesn't exist, I'm afraid.

well da first time i cut it my hair was around lower then my waist nd i cute it up to a lil bit lower then my shoulders . nd it grew back fast . ! so i cut it to a bob cut this time . nd it feels as if it hasnt grown =/ . i understand that hair can grow pretty slow but with some people it can grown fast and others it can grow slow but wht i dont understand is that my hair was the type that grew fast and idk why it hasnt . i sometimes think it probably has to do that am not healthy or something lol

Well there are MANY TRICKS (:, but first CONDITION CONDITION CONDITION! as much as u can but only run through ur ends then excess on ur hands should be massaged through scalp, ALSO! dont dont dont cut ur hair if u think u have split ends and u need to cut it nope its fine leave it alone! then apply heat only 1- 2 times a weeks and each time use a leave in conditioner or heat protectant and if u need to more always use heat protectant! also another thing tour shower head get a new one that purifys the water and gives out fresh spring water with no chlorine and chemicals! drinks lots of watereat carrots and putting flax oil in ur smoothies and salads and as much foods as u can is great for growing hair and u can barley taste it also omega 2's protiens and fish oils are great for groeing hair :-) and buy a weekly hair masque for your hair or a natural way is olive oil take a quarters worth into ur palm and spread throught the ends and then wrap it up and leave in for atleast 15 min in dry hair but if ur showering put it in cleaned wet hair for 3 min i call it my showeres 3 min miracle (: but bes products for ur hair is herbal esccences hydration long term relashionship and garneir fructis also dove thrapy nutrive oils neutragena triple neutrition,bioliage and certain tresseme and john freda items and for unhealthier hair, us nexxus split end binding THE WHOLE LINE take care :-) of ur hair ahahaaa!

It won't make it grow longer, and though it does make the hair feel softer and look shinier it isn't doing anything besides coating the hair.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed ***

Hellow..
Just keep in mind following steps..
Follow healthy lifestyle and healthy diet
get regular trims
use moisturizing products
use herbal products
keep away from heat
go stay and natural

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

i had the same dumb idea :(  but i've found that washing your hair every other day with a good shampoo and conditioner, with natural oils in it helps. also brushing your hair a lot helps too. scalp massages work wonders. also, multivitamin tablets help a LOT

After taking a shower use a  comb instead of a brush so it does not pull any hairs out.

I think all these other answers are great. If you 'feed' your hair well with good nutrition as it is growing it will be healthier and stronger and then treat it well not putting too much heat on it or over colouring or perming it and using a good boar bristle brush to distribute the oil down the shaft of the hair to keep it in good condition. Also don't overwash it, 2 or 3 times a week is all it should need so you don't strip all the oil from it and condition it every time you wash it. Also, hair grows quicker in the summer months because of the warmth, but it also starts slowing down a bit and getting thinner as you get older.

Same here! It was really thick & long. But I just HAD to dye it. It doesn't grow back nearly as fast. But I've learned a few things that help:
- try not to blowdry or straighten or use alot of heat on your hair
- don't dye it alot, dont be a dumba$$ like meh.
- dont wash it everyday! the oils in your hair nourish it. so if you dont go anywhere, skip washing it.
- if you wanna cut off split ends, it does kinda help. I do cut them off, but not too much.
- your diet counts too. get alot of protein & calcium. vitamins & minerals you need

here is what I did when I try to grow hair fast
I use an oil called Mira hair oil and
i was skeptical until i tried it
it is called Mira hair oil
there are others out there but they contain chemicals which make things worse in the end
take biotin with the oil for even faster hair growth
Find Mira here

There are several ways to promote hair growth
Take biotin
Take ashwaganda
You should increase protein intake
You need lots of vegetables and fruits
Externally get good hair oil like Mira hair oil
It will promote faster hair growth

What will help:
- ****exercising****
- massaging the scalp
- mane and tail conditioner (it is very cheap and you will notice a difference in your hair very quickly)
- applying an oil (any kkind, almond and cocunt works best) to the hair and scalp one a week.
For me the best thing that works is exercising

This sort of happened to my best friend Gina, She used to have long hair, then in about 5th grade, She got it cut into a bob (Poor thing, she hated it) Now, her hair is long again except for this lock of hair at the back of her neck, it is still about the same length as her old bob XD lucky its at the back of her neck. <3 God Bless xox

Vitamins are very important for maintenance of the health of hair. Vitamin B complex group as beta-carotene, b-6, Inositol folic acid biotin etc are among the important ones. In addition to this, minerals as magnesium, sulfur, zinc and silica as well are crucial for hair growth. Therefore, increasing their intake as well is important. For this, you can consume the green leafy as well as yellow colored vegetables and fruits. Different oils and lotions that provide nutrients to hair are available commercially for your use.