I had a inguinal hernia and had surgery 11 days ago. My question is how long should i wait before having sex or my wife giving me oral sex.

You should wait 4 weeks from the date of surgery to have sex (as long as you feel you're healing well). You should wait 6 weeks before you do any lifting, pushing, pulling, ect in excess of 20 lbs. Oral sex shouldn't be a problem at any time. (I do billing for a general surgeon, we go through this with patients this all the time.) The biggest issue is that you don't want to weaken that incision, which is why you had a hernia to begin with.

My wife and I had sex on the 5th day following my inguinal hernia surgery. (I wanted it already the day of, on the way home from the hospital, but she was afraid to hurt me.) Anyway, the day we finally did it, we were very careful, as my scrotum is swollen and extremely painful if pressed on. We just needed to avoid any pressure to the scrotum and ensure that my posture was such that no strain was put on my abdominal muscles. It went great and we did it again the following day . . . . . . . .

Lol!! I had hernia surgery. If your addiction for sex is stronger than you fear of the feeling of a mediaeval sword being stuck up your groin .. Then by all means.. Go .. I had to wait about 2 month. As mentioned ... The pain was not worth the pleasure.

You are full of sh*t

Omg i literally laughed out loud at this reply to bill c.!!!

I waited 4 weeks to have sex after I underwent inguinal hernia surgery. It was most pleasurable. Just be safe and cautious with the positions you experiment with. Ejaculation feels really strong having sex or masturbating after the surgery. I tried masturbation first, 3 weeks after surgery. Everything should be OK just be patient.

The last hernia surgery I had was done by the laparoscopic method, which is the only way to go. It cost me a bit more money, but was well worth it. Pain is minimal and recovery is very quick. I didn't care about the scars, but if I had, they were almost impossible to find. The biggest problem was remembering that I had just had a hernia operation and not to overdo it. That's laparoscopic surgery -- far less invasive. Anyway, back to the question: The sheet of instructions that the surgeon sent me home with listed sex as one of the things I could start doing as soon as I felt like it! Of course I assumed that to mean gently, but I was surprised that it was even on the list of things to partake in now! Still, I chose to wait a little while.

There's no way dude....I could barely walk or stand up straight on day 5 after my inguinal hernia, EVEN with the Norco. This is complete bull.

I had the surgery 7 days ago and I'm fine going back to work tomorrow and sex is definitely not an issue maybe a little uncomfortable side where they did the repair but not going to hurt you

Lmaooo.. I did as well!!

Hahahaha
This is too funny!

How many day waiting for Car driving

No, it's not bull. I think it depends on how the surgery was done. My hubby had a double hernia and they used the Davinci robot. He had ZERO swelling, no bruising and we had sex on day 8. He is almost pain free now (day 10).

5 days after my partner wanted i was scared, but he was fine for that but walking still was more painful. Second time he was a little more intens i had to slow him down but he said sex did not hirt him . But walking and geting in and out of bed does.