I had a inguinal hernia repair 2 weeks and 2 days ago. I am still having quite a bit of discomfort around the incision. The incision is firm and my abdomen is still swollen, down into my pubic area. It gets worse as the day progresses or if I'm on my feet. IS this normal course? Could I be having muscle spasms as my incision is healing?

I had mine repaired 2 weeks and two days ago also. Still sore, same as you. Think about it as if you were cut deep in any other way...it would still be tender 2 weeks out...you will be fine..it will start to heal quicker now

I had mine last April. I was soar for a long time after. Take things slow and just rest it out. The pain and discomfort will wear down over time. Don't do anything to over exert yourself. I can promise you that the pain will go away after awhile. You will notice scar tissue for a very long time. I can still feel mine and have the occasional sharp pain.

I got a hernia a few moths after my appedix were removed, the hospital said it was my imagination. I had the hernia repair done a week ago and seemed to be getting better. The last two days I've been stuch in bed with cronic pain that the painkillers don't touch.

When I came out of surgery and was in resus the nurse asked how I felt, when I said really sore he replied you cant be but gave me more morphine, about 10 min later he asked again and again I said very sore, after he saw the surgon he gave me more morphine and I was taken to the ward.

On the ward my stats were low and I remained on oxygen for 18 hours, the nurse kept saying take deeper breaths and I couldn't due to the stabbing pain.

Now I feel so sore I can only walk for a few mins before I need to lay down and the pain is getting worse.

Please reply as I need advise

regards

Mark