After an inguinal hernia repair I have a swollen testical on the side of the repair. It is very sensitive and hurts a lot when it touches my leg during walking.
The surgery was done 14 days ago. I told my surgeon about it after 13 days during my visit. There is nothing he can do was his reply. It just needs time. He did not have a clou how long.
Is there a possibility that something went wrong during the surgery??

hi, i have had the same op less than a week ago and i have the same thing. havent talked to any docs yet but same symptons. did yours go away?

It is perfectly normal so don't worry

Hi I had the same many years ago I was still in hospital and one of my testicals swelled up like a tennis ball Then my penis started to go puffy and they called in an external doctor and was told I had a hematoma Think that is how its spelt After a course of antibiotics the swelling went down and I left hospital I k now find the one that swelled up is slightly smaller than the other But no other side effects
Mark

I had a inguinal hernia repair in October of and experienced a hematoma a day after the surgery. My entire genital area turned purple/black. My left testical swelled to 3X it's size. Three months after the surgery I went to the specialist that performed the operation and he told me that he could do nothing. It is now mid July and the swelling has NOT decreased. I went to another specialist who informrd me "this condition is permament...I cannot repair this, attempting to repair it could possibly cause more damage".
I cannot walk, sit or work without pain. JJ