Hello, my brother is 34 years old and he has just finished with a plaster applying in the emergency room. He had a slightly embarrassing accident, he fell down the stairs with no apparent reason and was diagnosed with fractura radii loco typico – what does it mean? Does anyone here know?

It is actually a broken radius arm and it usually happens when a person falls with the hands positioned forward to cushion the fall. And the fall is cushioned in that way, but sometimes the arm breaks. Well, the good thing is that his fracture has been taken care of and all that is left is the rehab process.

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking Fractura radii loco typico is the fracture of the distal radius. You have to know that this is one of the most frequent fractures of locomotor system. Having this said I think that the therapy is not the same for every fracture because it depends on the stability of the fracture. Can you tell me more about his fracture? Is he in a lot of pain right now? What did his doctor told him? His recovery will not be simple and he has to know that this takes time. I hope that he will be well and that this was helpful in any way.

All the best to you,
Karen