Hi, I am 21 years old male and I am exercising in the gym three times per week. I have heard that many people in the gym talk about importance of proper feeding and I would like to know how long I shouldn't eat before working out. Thank you very much.

Hi, from my experience you shouldn't eat one hour before you go to the gym. Some builders say even hour and half but anyway 30 minutes at least. Also during the training you may drink little water but also not too much. After the training you would wait 20 minutes to rest and then you may eat. I hope I helped you with this info.

Hallo Rory,
I tend not to eat at least hour and half, sometimes even two hours. This can depend on several factors, not just the time before you do your exercise. The type of food is also a key here. With heavier foods it might take longer for your stomach to be ready for exercises. Next thing that you have to pay attention to is water. You need to have enough water during your exercises so your cells can regenerate themselves easier. Sometimes I even do my exercises first and then wait hour or two and then I eat. What kind of exercises do you do? I prefer to do some cardio exercises and do some weights. All this is not too hard for the stomach.