Hi, I am 27 years old male and I have started to train body building half a year ago. My friend told me that I should eat something before my lifting training but I am in dilemma what would it be. I would like to know what to eat if I plan to do intensive training. Thank you.

Hi, first of all your last meal has to be at least 30 minutes before you start exercising. For intensive and hard training it would be the best to eat some carbohydrates which would bring you extra energy supply. I am using rice and honey and it really makes me feel good. However you may try some high caloric drinks which would also give you enough energy for training.

Hi Kenton,

It is so great that you are into sports and especially into weight lifting. My younger brother is into it as well so I know something about it.

I agree with gerome and try not to eat 30 minutes before you start with your training. And some time before that you can eat various foods which will give you even more energy to go through the whole practice.

For example my brother likes to eat oatmeal. And he claims that this is great way of in taking carbohydrates which will help you through the workout. Also if you don’t like the taste of the oatmeal you can always add blueberries, strawberries or bananas along with honey. I hope this was helpful.