Hi, I am training body building for several years already and I am also using 5x5 programs for more than 10 months. I have gained great muscle mass and I still feel that my muscles are reacting good on this program. I would like to know how long to use this 5x5 program. Thanx.

Hi, I am also practicing body building for several years. Program 5x5 is very good and depending on the goal which you like to achieve you may change your training. You may increase intensity for gaining mass or increase weight for strength. However, same as other programs, this program is good until you are making progress when you see that you are stagnating you would need to change program.

Hello boonie,

Since holt has already gave you some info I believe that you have all the necessary information. And you have been practicing body building for a very long period of time so I believe that you are an expert when it comes to the deciding which program is best for you. I think that it is very important to listen to our body and don’t overreact with anything we are doing so listen to your body very carefully.

And as holt mentioned all exercise programs, and this include 5X5, it is great when you notice the results of your hard work but as soon as you stop see the progress you need to switch the program. After some time our body gets adjusted so watch for these changes.