Hi, I am 22 years old and I am very interested in body building. I have started with training several weeks ago and I am feeling very well. I have heard a lot about different training programs so I would like to know what is better. Use more weight and less reps or the other way around?

Hi, I will answer on your question as someone who is practicing body building for several years already. It depends what you want to achieve. If you use more weight and less reps you will gain muscle mass. On the other side if you are exercising with less weight and more reps you will make better muscle definition. However as you are at beginning I suggest you to gain muscle mass first and then to shape up your muscles.

Hi Lazaro,
I know that it is good both way, but it only depends what you want to achieve. If you want to gain more muscle mass, then definitely you need more weight and less repetitions. But I have to tell you, not everything is in muscle mass, you might have better and stronger body with less muscle mass if you use less weight and do more repetitions. My good friend wanted to have more muscle mass, and he even achieved that, but he was not satisfied at all. Then he switched to less weight with more repetitions and he had batter shaped muscles and he was able to lift all he wanted.
My suggestion is go with more repetition and less weight.