My main occupation these days is muscle gain and fat loss at the same time. Muscle gain part is relatively easy, I have been practicing body building so my muscle mass is way bigger now, but fat is the problem. I have had almost ten kilos of extra weight before I started with workout and still I cannot get rid of them. I know that I would have to change diet, perhaps add some new exercises, but I assumed that some of the extra weight would go down. That did not happen. Why?

I assume that you know that muscle mass is bigger then that of the fat. Knowing this, you could have already converted some of the fat into muscles but are not aware of that because the weight is the same. Perhaps you could do the fat percentage test, to see how much fat exactly there is in your body. Perhaps then, you will be able to find the solution. Maybe a diet customized just for you would give the effect. Find a nutritionist to help you with that.

Diet is very important too, as you will get hungrier and need more calories as you do more body building. To combine weight loss and muscle gain, the last poster is right, a nutritionist or other expert can help. (if you want to go the cheaper route, search the internet for calorie counting programs)