I'm 5'3 and I weigh 218. I play basketball and softball but I don't ever lose any weight. I feel like my weight is holding me back and I want to be healthy for sports.

So, you're 14 years old and feel you need to lose weight.  Your are 5'3" and 218 pounds.  That is definitely over weight.  The basics of weight loss is that you need to burn more calories then you take in.  So it's great that you exercise because that helps.  However, it appears that you are quite active and yet really over weight.  You need to work on your diet.  Take in on ly healthy foods like lean meats/seafoot, fresh green veggies and  fruit.  You may need to cut back you caloric intake to 1200 Calories a day to get anywhere.  You might try a low carb diet like Atkinsons to get a jump start.  The main part of the diet runs 2 weeks and if you stick to it you should lose 15 pounds.  I certainly did.  This will give you incentive to go forward with your diet because you see immediate results.  You can't stay on this diet for long.  You'll have to reintroduce carbs back into your diet slowly.

What would you say is a lean meat? Also, I'm allergic to shrimp, so I can't eat certain seafoods and fish and such. I don't have any money to pay for diets . Also, what is a carb? Sorry, I just felt like these were important things to know/inform you of.