I recently had an abortion and after my doctor said it was ok to have intercourse again I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. 3 1/2 weeks after my abortion I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive. Now it's been over 4 weeks and I still haven't gotten my period and I'm getting all the signs I had before when I was pregnant. Plus, I've been spotting. I read somewhere that it's normal to spot when you get pregnant during the time when the normal period should be. I'm not sure if I should take another test, or if I should go to the doctor or what.

You can get pregnant RIGHT after an abortion, were you unaware of this??

You should see your doctor again so they can figure out if you are pregnant AGAIN.

I knew that I could get pregnant again so soon...thats what I was hoping for actually.

But I've actually taken 2 tests....one has came back positive and one negative...however...while I was waiting on the results of the second test (the negative one) I accidentially knocked it off the counter..would this affect it in any way? I also didnt take the second test first thing in the morning.

YOU SHOULD NOT want to get pregannt so soon!

AN ABORTION causes your uterine lining to thin, YOU NEED TO HEAL!

IF you truly want a baby, then you should want to give it the best from START to finish!'

The best is surely not 2-3 weeks after an abortion! There is a reason why doctors tell women to wait 2-3 months after a d&c or abortion to try and concieve!

If you want a baby, then why have an abortion? You should seriously think about the choices you'er making. You sound confused to me.

Hi iamatreyu, please, let us know what happened with your second pregnancy. I am very interested because beeing under the stress I almost did the same.

i might know why she wants to get pregnant now after an abortion. it's an emotional thing. i myself had an abortion because of health issues...either me, the baby or both of us would have died or the baby would have been a premie and chances of it making it after birth were shaky. but now that it's done and over with i wish i had taken the risk and fight the eager to get pregnant again. honestly i think you'll have to have an abortion and experience the pain, and what not to understand....don't judge what you don't know or understand.

Guest wrote:

bluebird wrote:

That's all understandable in your situation but I don't think that health issues were the leading cause for the original poster's abortion.

I'm curious to know myself- if you want a child so badly- why have an abortion in the first place.

If sex led to the first pregnancy- why not refrain or use protection to avoid pregnancy?

Does the boyfriend want a child?

after an abortion, tests can show up positive for up to 4 weeks still.

I recently had an abortion about 4 weeks ago. I am a pro choice - pro life. I basically couldnt afford another child and it just didn't make sense to add when it can be so hard to raise kids alone.My boyfriend and I went around and around and I finally went with getting the abortion, However, now I feel like I wasn't looking at things in the right perspectative. I haven't gotten my period yet and I secretly hope that maybe I may have another chance. I am 31 years and have 2 kids.

I had an abortion 3 weeks ago, my doctor said i´m ok a week ago so me and my husband began to work on a baby immediately... we have 2 kids already... we had some problems in our marriage and I happened to have a lover with whom I got pregnant... I wanted to have the baby so much and firstly my husband said he can live with having that baby with me (better that to live without me) but after some time he changed his mind and forced me into having an abortion with a promise to have our own baby right away... I feel pregnant now same as I did 3 times before so I hope it´s not just my imagination... I really long to have a baby... I know that I should have kept that baby I aborted, that it was killed because of my stupidness and I will have to live with that for the rest of my life but no one can understand without going through this as well... a month ago I would swear never to have an abortion with a healthy baby and now... still can´t believe I did it...

You really need to be in the situation to understand. It could've been medical. It could've been guilt. Regardless of the reasons, changing her mind about wanting a baby isn't as bad as using abortions as a form of birth control. So if it's what she wants then so be it.

i did abortion last month but know i feel like am pregnant again can i do the abortion again is it safe

You are rude it's none of your business what the women's decisions are. Get a grip

Yes I had one to and I regret it afterwards and wanted another chance to have one so i understand why she would want one