Hi there!
I had an abortion 10 years ago....
I had no bleeding nor pain but I remember low fever (less than 100F), with the first period after.
Now i'm trying to get pregnant for the past 9 months, but without success.
Is it possible that this past abortion might have infect my ability to conceive? Is there any possibility that I would have an infection after abortion and didn' t realize it? Ever since I'm visiting my gyn each year having the pap test. If something went wrong would the pap test have shown it? If something went wrong if it possible to "fix" it now and how easy is that?
Do anyone hve the same experience/ worries like I do?
Please help!

The average NORMAL couple takes 12 months to get pregnant, and THAT is with TRYING HARD.

Do you know when you ovulate? NOT guessing, or going off of internet info, but actually testing your own urine at home?

Many women actually do nto accurately know when they ovulate, so you should try and test.

Carifairy, thank you very much for the answer.

Actually I don't know when I ovulate, I never never test it. Moreover I was recently diagnosed with polycystic ovaries, but my period was and is alway steady (28 days).

What do you suggest me?

AHA! =)

Well, this will help you a lot!

We only ovulate once per month, and during that ovulation we ONLY have 3-5 day window where we can become pregnant.

An egg dies within 48 hours after ovulation, so you really have to time it, or you could be having sex too early or too late to fertilize an egg.

You should buy a fertility monitor, this will help you determine when you ovulate, and when you should have sex.

It is best to start having sex within the 3 days before ovulation, and during the two days of ovulation. Even when doing this perfectly though, it could take up to 12 months to concieve.

When you buy a fertility monitor it will explain when to test your urine, and how often to do so.

Clear blue easy fertility monitor is a very well res[ected brand.

Good day;
I am 25 years old, and just recently had an abortion. I became pregnant within one month of meeting my boyfriend - he is 22 years. I truly regret having had this abortion, and would like to find out whether I can undoubtly become so quickly pregnant again (like the last time), or whether there's a higher probability that I may have to wait 12 months (perhaps because of having had a abortion) before actually achieving another a post-abortion pregnancy.

You may have become pregnant so quickly because you were 'lucky' enough to ahve sex the day that you ovulated.

You should be able to get pregnant, if you time it correctly.

Getting pregnant too soon after an abortion is not ideal though! Your body needs time to fully heal, it would be best to wait 2-3 cycles.

Thank you very much for your reply. I know of a girl who's had two abortions. Several years later she married the man she really loved and tried having kids with him, but instead has had nine successive miscarriages. Why might you think that has happened to her? Could this be because of the two previous abortions years ago?

Not necessarily.. I have had 3 abortions, and my body is perfectly healthy.

A miscarriage often happens because of GENETIC defects early on in pregnancy, perhaps her male partner has family history of problems.

How does she know she had miscarriages?

A lot of women simply ASSUME that later heavier periods are miscarriages, but this is in fact not true at all.

Many women have multiple abortions without having multiple miscarriages, but each woman is also different.

I would recommend genetic testing for BOTH man and woman, to see if the miscarriages could be due to genetic defects.

Abortion simply suctions out a pregnancy, 'todays' abortion dies not damage or RUIN a womans insides.

Hi Carifary;
I truly appreciate your generous reply.

Just one more question:
I read in a previous forum that the contributor just had an abortion, and stated that two weeks subsequent to the procedure, she and her boyfriend were "ready to resume sex." In reply, one of the things she was told was that she should "be careful" with unprotected sex as she can become "easily become preganant again".
My question is: how is it even possible for someone to become pregnant right after an abortion especially when the woman's body hadn't gone through another cycle/fertilty process?

Cheers,
Lilliput!

FIRST you ovulate, then you have a period =)

This is why many post partum women become pregnant without even having a period, because you must ovulate FIRST to have the period. After ovulation occurs, certain hormonal triggers happen which signal for a period =)

Basically, a woman will ovulate a few weeks after an abortion, because a 'regular' period can be expected at about 4 weeks after an abortion. It can be 6- 8 weeks as the latest, but usually it is 4 weeks.

Thank you ever so much for your reply. I truly do appreciate the time you've taken out to contribute. Just one more thing, though: the expression "after abortion" as in "two weeks after an abortion...", what time frame does that constitute? Would that be effective the very day abortion pills / surgery were administered? Or is it after bleeding has completely stopped, and cervix and uterus has contracted back to normal?

Cheers,
Lilliput!

After abortion refers to the actual procedure.. As it is possible to bleed and ovulate at the same time, which is what confuses many women as far as their fertility signals.

Its remarkable to finally know this information. You're great, Carifairy! Thanks alot.

The very best to you,
Lilliput!

in sept. 2006 i found out i was pregnant, i was happy but scared too. He on the other hand wanted nothing to do with it and left me. well after having talks about my situation i decided to have an abortion in october. from time to time i felt guilty but knew i made the right decision. in feb. 2007 i met this guy and we hit it off great in the beginning and then a month later it died out. well needless to say i cant remember exactly when in march i had my period but i am experiencing all of the symptoms i did the last time. i confronted him on it, so we went and bought a take home pregnancy test in which both came back with a pos. result...i am thinking of the possibility of abortion again but my main concern is the risk factors...can someone help me?

Hello guest!

Abortion is a safe procedure when done by a skilled doctor, and in a reputable clinic.

You could have 5 abortions, and as long as you do not have any complications and follow doctors advice, you could easily have a baby when you choose.