Hello. I have problems with stress and it leads to depression and anxiety. It is hard for me to handle this and it bothers me and my friends and my family as well. I am not sure what to do about this. Maybe some exercises, some relaxation techniques that can help me? Anyone in here had some similar experience with this? What is like the best for me, that I can use whenever I am. I am going to a two weeks vacation and I don't want to have some stress attacks there. Can relaxation techniques really help with the stress relief?

According to the researchers, yes they can. I have to tell that I did try some of them, but nothing. None of them helped me. I am not ill, depressed or something, I just live in the 21st century, just like you and I are dealing with the huge stress levels provoked with my job, friends, family, and relationship. So, I have tried everything except the meditation and yoga because I am not in those spiritual things at all, but I haven't seen any progress. I was trying to do that for two months I think, but not everyday because I don't have a time for it. So, maybe I did something wrong, I don't know...

Celebrity
I think that you did a wrong thing because I don't see how you couldn't find ANY of those techniques helpful. Maybe you should seek for someone who can teach you to do that properly. Because to see some results it takes a time and it should not be something as a fake as we usually do. You need to be committed to this, you need to be committed to the fact that you want to be recovered totally. If you ware doing something because someone told you that this is good, it is obvious that you won't see a progress at all. Don't get me wrong, but I think that you haven't tried so hard as you should and that is why you didn't see a thing. So, don't judge to something according to your experience, it doesn't matter is it good or wrong.

I agree with your ascertainment Happy Owl.  We all try something and we fail at it, but that doesn't mean that we should stop fighting. The same thing is with those relaxation techniques whom I find really helpful. Just simple relaxation method or imagining things method helped me be more relaxed, and because of this, this stress just went away. Of course, I had a help from the personal coach because I didn't know where I am what I need to do or something like this. So, if you don't know how to do something, you should seek help from the expert. It works. 

I am willing to try anything, trust me. I am really this type who is against the pills and I would reach for them only if I needed them. So, in this case, I think that pills would not be my option. I am willing to try some techniques, but like someone already told in here, I don't know much about it and since I am willing to learn, maybe I really should seek help from an expert. But still one thing I don't get - how those techniques can help you? By relaxing your muscles and because those can make you think about different things or what?
It would be a useful information for me.
TNX in advance.

Celebrity

Yes, definitely because they help you relax your muscles and when you relax your muscles, you do a lot of things in that case. It is all in your mind and you need to have this on your mind as well. They distract your mind, they help you learn how to breathe properly, they help you to be relaxed all the time.  That is why they are effective. I would suggest you make a routine for yourself like is finding a comfortable place, your own corner where you can get relaxed. Listening to the good music also helps. Do some exercises. 

Look, some of the relaxation techniques, such as muscle relaxation exercises for example that is totally harmless and easy to learn, have a better track record with alleviating stress and distraction than, for example, hypnosis. A lot of people do the hypnosis, but I think that you don't need it right now. Those easier techniques that are not that popular can be helpful. Look, the best way to find out is this working is to try it. You might find that a combination of techniques works best for you and trust me, you will be surprised once you see the positive effects of it.