Hi! How should an attached tick be removed? Sun, I will live in area were tick are endemic. Please give me simple instructions. I know a lot about tick and Lyme disease, only I want to know usual way to remove tick.

Hi! There are simple instructions. Every day I remove some tick. Don't cover the tick with petroleum jelly, rubbing alcohol, or fingernail polish. Grasp the tick as close to the skin's surface as possible with tweezers and pull straight back in a slow, steady motion without twisting. Avoid crushing the tick's body. It may contain infectious fluid. If you do not have tweezers, you can use your fingertips but they should be covered (with tissue paper or gloves). After the tick is removed, wash the bite site and your hands with soap and water and apply a disinfectant or antibiotic ointment to the site.