I was diagnosed with Chlamydia a week ago, I had not had sex with anyone for over a month prior to that. Doctor prescribed me Azithromycin 500mg 2 tablets as a one time dose. My doctor told me I needed to retest after 3 months to make sure that I didn't have it or have been reinfected. I'm very paranoid because I've never had an std, & I don't want to have sex with anyone unless I test first & its negative. Can I retest a week after I finish the antibiotic treatment or will it still show positive? I don't want to get back with my ex boyfriend unless both of our results are negative. I still plan on retesting in 3 months

Hey there how did the dr test you ? Did he use a swab or urine. As a rule of thumb most dr say to wait 3 months to retest but most labs will retest as early as 1 month after you finish treatment. Itbis vital that both You And any partners get tested and treated and you refrain from sex including oral or anal sex even with a condom for at least 1 week after getting treated