I was diagnosed with chlamydia several weeks ago. My symptoms were: mild urethral discomfort, mild pain during urination, clear discharge the the point of visible spots in my underwear. 

They started me on doxy.  I took the medication but I also drink a lot of milk(which i've heard can alter the absorption of the medication). The medication didn't make a difference.  I went back and took and was given 1gram of zithromax.  The symptoms went away, but came back 2 days later.   I waited another week with no change.  i went and took a second dosage of zithromax.  Unfortunately the issue is not resolved.  I am having relatively constant urethral discomfort with a slight, almost unnoticeable clear discharge.  there is no pain during urination. 

I'm really just wondering what's going on with my body.  I have no been having sex since the medication and it's freaking me out now.  I feel like it's possible that the chlamydia was a very serious infection and after it was healed it caused scarring in my urethra.  Causing scar tissue.  Or a urethral Stricture.  I know that they can cause these symptoms as well... 

if anyone can help.., I'd really appreciate it. 

Thank you. 

For RIGHTFULLY WORRIED:  Chlamydia for many is an easily curable affliction.  But for some the normal dosage does not seem to work.  You may have to try out the various options.  It may take a considerable amount of time - even months.  After  Azithro - try doxy or amoxicilin or  erithro and try the old faithful tetra.  You may have to take take them for up to 3 weeks.  But always go back to the same dr so that he knows what is working for you.  Dont worry you wil be cured (GOD willing).  Dont get reinfected during treatment. 

did you ever.get cured?