Just saw the Seinfeld where George's girlfriend doesn't care what he looks like, and he is offended, and said he'd rather have her hate him and think he's good looking.

Just wondering...

How important are looks?
to you?
about you?

It's nice to look at something pretty, but it's not the criterion I use to decide how much or whether I like someone.

Depends on how long since my last nap ;)

Personality is a huge part. If they are hot but a byotch then they can keep there looks to themselves. If they are down to earth, friendly, good person etc. then you can have a great relationship. OK, so I'm a closet romantic, don't tell anyone.

Beauty is relative.

There have been guys that I knew what became uglier and uglier to me the longer I knew them because they were complete dinks.

Likewise, someone that I would not have looked at twice becomes beautiful to me because of who they are, rather than what they look like.

My thoughts exactly.

Beauty is relative.
Beauty and looks aren't the same thing.

I know that... (Beauty's only skin deep, yeah, yeah, yeah) And I believe that... Beau- know that beauty's only skin deep. So if you're lookin' for a lover. (Oh yeah) Don't judge a book by it's cover. (Oh yeah) She may be fine on the outside (Oh yeah) But so untrue on the inside. (Oh yeah) Ooo

Looks get your foot in the door, but beauty keeps you there.

What i mean is that, at least as a guy, i will be initially attracted to someone because of how they look but as i get to know them and know more about them, i can become more or less attracted to them.

The same goes if i don't find someone as initially striking as Christina Ricci, but because of who they are i would then become more and more attracted and find her more and more beautiful.

Being a supermodel myself, I find looks to be extremely important. Of course, if they're beautiful and rich, then color me in love. :pinklove:

Looks may get someone a second glance, but that's about it. It's the personality that counts.

Beauty is relative.
Beauty and looks aren't the same thing. :wavey: :1: On both thoughts. This sounds vain, but while being blessed with good looks/young appearance has gotten my foot "in the door" it's also worked against me. People think that because you're nice looking you're not very intelligent, or that you are willing to use the "looks card" if you will to your advantage. I've had people at this job I'm about ready to quit tell me I should wear a belly shirt to make more money. Look, people (at work) I am not out to make my $$ that way, not do I want to be exploited in that fashion. Thank all of you for letting me have a much-needed vent. There is far too much emphasis on easy sexuality down here. I have no problem with other people's moral standards, but I like to choose my own and not judge others. I wasn't attracted to Larry when I first met him due to his looks. I got to know him and realized how beautiful of a person he was. It had nothing to do with his physical appearance, but more with how he treated others and how they reacted to him. That, in my view, made him beautiful.

A healthy physical appearance and a smile are a good start in my opinion.

cute is good on babies and puppies...i used to place much more emphasis on good looks but gimme that soul anyday baby. it's like a beautiful face and a fabulous six-pack mean nada to me anymore. i'm way beyond that. i'm better than all that. that is until i see this soulful genius: and i realize what a blatant LIAR i am. :umno:

Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is to the bone, baby.

Looks fade, but stupidity and no sense of humor remain forever. But there's no denying that in American society, being pretty or handsome gives you a competitive edge in various situations.

Elkid, you've got a point, but they can also work against you. Just believe me on this.